Pages

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Crock Pot Queen!

Since starting back to work, I haven't had the energy to cook a meal after working 10+ hours.  Clint has been amazing at helping with the cooking so I can come home and relax.  We've been trying out a variety of crock-pot recipes so that he can get them ready in the morning, and then not worry about it until I get home.   The recipes have been so delicious that I feel like I'm not being nice and sharing my yummy finds! 
Easiest Dinner Ever! 

Bag of frozen chicken tenderloins
8 oz. cream cheese
Can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
Can or corn (drained)
Can of Rotel  

Put everything in the crock pot in the order they are listed above.  Cook on high for 6-8 hours.   Serve over rice.

I will say that this recipe is better the second day because it's thicker.  I particularly enjoy this on a flour tortilla.

Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef 
1 large can of diced tomatoes 
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 small can of tomato sauce 
1 can of kidney beans (drained)
1 can of corn 
1 package of taco seasoning 
Small onion (diced) (optional) 

Brown the ground beef on the stove.  Mix all ingredients in the crock pot.  Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 2 - 3 hours.   Serve with cornbread and chips. 

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and diced 
1 large can of diced tomatoes
14 oz. can of enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, diced 
1 can of chopped green chiles
1 tsp. minced garlic 
32 oz. chicken broth 
1 tsp. cumin 
1 tsp. chili powder 
salt and pepper to taste 
10 oz. frozen corn. 

Place diced chicken, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, minced garlic and corn into the crock pot.  Pour in chicken broth, add cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.  Stir.  Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or high for 2 -3 hours. 

With 30 minutes or so left to go.  Slice corn tortillas into strips.  Lightly brush them with olive oil.  Cook 10 - 15 minutes at 400.  Garnish with tortilla strips, sour cream, cheese, or fresh avocado.

All of the above recipes came from this site.

Take my word that you will LOVE the above recipes.  The following recipes are on deck for this week.  I haven't tried them yet, but they sound delicious! 


Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook
until the dough is no longer raw in the center. 


Beef Stew 

2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
4 cups water
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons cold water

Cook meet in oil over medium heat until brown.  Transfer to crock pot.   Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into crock pot.  Stir in rosemary, parsley, and pepper. Stir. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion.  Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and add into stew.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Recipes are from here.

Right now I have a Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake in there.  I found a very simple recipe.  And I hope that it tastes amazing.  I've been craving a chocolate cake.  It smells delicious. 

That's it for now.  When I find more yummy crock pots recipes I will share them as well!  If you've got some that are yummy, let me know!

I think I'll be putting one of these on my Christmas List! Think of the possibilities!




3 comments:

Kostika said...

I love my crock pot and it's coming to be that time of year when I use it a lot again.

I've never heard of making cake in it though.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine suggested that I try it. It's almost done now. I cannot wait to enjoy that once Dade is in bed!

Kostika said...

I'm curious to know how it turns out. Seems odd to me.