Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Reading Goal

This time last year, I made a challenge to myself.  Clint purchased my NookColor as a Christmas gift, and in less than a week, I had read the entire Hunger Games trilogy. I was feeling pretty good about myself.  I had graduated with a 4.0 from Baker with my second Masters, and was blowing through books.  I challenged myself to read 24 books.  I figured I could attempt to read 2 a month, and see where it took me.  Although I didn't reach my goal, I still feel pretty accomplished in reading 21 books in 2011.  Here are the books that I read this past year.  As you will see, I enjoy reading YA novels, and that the majority of them had something to do with vampires and/or werewolves. No, none of them were the Twilight Series. I was forced to read books 1 and 4 for a graduate course on Vampires in Literature, and they are trash for vampire literature, not to mention how the portray women to be helpless as well.  (Didn't mean to go on a tangent there, sorry!)  Without further ado, the books I read in 2011.  Feel free to ask questions about the books.  I will give you my honest opinion about them. 

1. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
2. A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick
3. Fallen (Fallen, #1) - Lauren Kate 
4. Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) - Maggie Stiefvater
5. Torment (Fallen, #2) - Lauren Kate
6. Marked (House of the Night, #1) - P.C. Cast
7. Jane Goes Batty (Jane Fairfax, #2) - Michael Thomas Ford
8. Betrayed ( House of the Night, #2) - P.C. Cast
9. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
10. Chosen (House of the Night, #3) - P.C. Cast
11. Untamed (House of the Night, #4) - P.C. Cast
12. Hunted (House of the Night, #5) - P.C. Cast
13. Tempted (House of the Night, #6) - P.C. Cast
14. Burned (House of the Night, #7) - P.C. Cast
15. Awakened (House of the Night, #8) - P.C. Cast
16. Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1) - James Patterson
17. The Gift (Witch & Wizard, #2) - James Patterson
18. 11 Birthdays - Wendy Mass 
19. Destined (House of the Night, #9) - P.C. Cast
20. The Secret of Zoom - Lynne Jonell
21. The Help - Kathryn Stockett 

These are the books that I purchased, but still haven't finished yet.  They are the first in line for this year. 

1. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
2. The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) - L.J. Smith
3. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg
4. The Potato Chip Puzzles: The Puzzling World of Winston Breen - Eric Berlin
5. Passion (Fallen, #3) - Lauren Kate 

Currently I am reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.   This year I am challenging myself to read 23 books.  It's two more than last year, so we shall see!  If you have any suggestions on what I should read, let me know.  I am always up for suggestions. Believe it or not, I do like reading adult books as well, and stories that aren't about vampires. 

*This was my first post using my iPad, and I am pretty excited about how easy it was! 

No comments: