Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2012

To Sell or Not to Sell: That Is The Question

Everything I look at in the house has this glow around it. The glow is whether to sell the piece of furniture or to keep it because I can use it where ever we end up.   Last time we moved it was a literally a few blocks, and we went into this purge and burn mode.  If we had not used it since living at the Summit House ( all of our homes are referred to has the street name it was) then we got rid of it. Trash diggers in the KC area loved our house for like a month.  

I guess I should back up a few here. This move won't be somewhere else in the KC metro area, it will either be across the country or across the big blue pond.  It's been a dream of mine since I started teaching to get into the DODEA system and teach on military bases. It is a long process to get into.  I started the process in August in 2010.  After a year and a half, my account went into the "active" status and I have interviewed for a several different jobs. The first job was for a job in Italy. That job went to someone that was already in Europe and could get their quicker.  The second job was for Puerto Rico. Finally there was the Alaska job interview.   Both the Italy job and the Alaska job were for the Base Youth Center, not in the classroom.  I actually would like something out of the classroom.  After being in the classroom for 6 years, I am ready for some sort of shift.   I don't want out of education, just something new. 

I check the USAJobs.gov website daily to see if there are any new postings, as well as the DODEA website now that it's getting into the hiring time for next school year. We really want Europe. It would be an amazing chance to live as cheaply as possible and then travel all over the place with Dade. Once you get into the system you have a better chance of getting the "dream" jobs in Europe. 

Okay, so back to the beginning of this post. Clint and I seem to be on the same page with what to keep and what to sell. What it will come down to in the end is if we have to move ourself (state-side) or if we will get moved by the government. Most of the large furniture will go. Mainly because we won't know the size of the new place. Dade's stuff we will keep, his bed, toys, etc . . . We already have a list of things we are ready to let go of, now I just have to get pictures taken, and the listings put on Craigslist. The nice thing about moving is the adventure of getting to the new place and setting everything up how you want. It is always fun to decorate a new place. 

In the coming months, there will be a new adventure for our little piece of the Krause Clan.  I plan to blog about it along the way. 2012 brings us into a new adventure! 

No comments: