Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Day

Today has been a wonderful day.  When compared to yesterday, anything is better than that.  I took Dade to Children's Mercy last night after work.  He wasn't feeling well, and had nasty accidents all day.  I stopped at the Wal-greens clinic and she thought he should see an ER doctor because he seemed to be slightly dehydrated.  Thankfully I had the car, and an awesome friend, Shannon, who came with me.  Dade did really well, there was only one fit and that was during the exam.  The doc said he had a viral infection that had settled in his stomach and it should work itself out in a few days.  She gave Dade some juice to make sure he was drinking and sent us home with some stickers and a brand new sippy cup.   I was relieved that he wasn't going to be admitted, because that's what the clinic said would most likely be done.

Dade slept really well last night and didn't wake up when I get him out of bed at midnight to get Clint.  He slept until 7 and started asking for juice and cereal.  He had 2 bowls this morning, and that was the most he had had in days.  Clint hasn't been feeling well either, and he was going to skip out on hanging with his buddies to get some sleep.  However, he woke up feeling better and decided to come to the circus with Dade, Shannon, and I.   My school received discounted tickets for the Ringling Brother's circus and Dade was feeling better, so we headed over to the Spirit Center for the 11am show.  Dade really enjoyed it.  I haven't laughed that hard for a long time, and it was much needed.  I'm always in awe of people who have those abilities to do crazy stunts or train the animals.  I wouldn't know the first place to start.

When we got home, we went and looked at a new place to live.  It's that time again to move.  This new place that we found is pretty cool.  It's on Sleepy Hollow Rd and it's not to far from where we currently are which is nice.  It's in the Center School District instead of KCMO so we might be able to get Dade into their early childhood program. There's 3 bedrooms, family room, living room, dining room, huge sun-room and backyard. Dade could have a play-room and a bedroom and Slinky could run free in the backyard.  We could also use the family room as a gaming room and get the giant ping-pong table back.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be a good house until we go overseas.  There was someone else that was looking at it after us at 3, but the landlord said he would give us preference because we were a family, and the other people where friends.  It's the same price that we pay now and half the deposit, and no pet deposit (which is nice as well).  We shall see.

Clint has gone off to work and I thought it would be a great time to clean Dade's newly acquired used train table.  It looks really good now that all the dirt and grime are gone.  I must possess super human strength because I was able to move  it upstairs by myself to Dade's room.  We are sitting outside now on the porch enjoying the nice weather, but after our dinner arrives and we eat, Dade will be going up stairs to play on it for the first time.

I've got loads of things to grade and grad school homework to do.  I've got Dexter Season 3 to watch and 3 new Netflix movies that arrived today to keep me active while I grade.  I'm glad that fall is officially here!    Everyone (mom, dad, Chad, Marci, and Aidy) are meeting us in Lee's Summit tomorrow for my birthday lunch. 

27 on Monday and that just seems nuts. But the thought of Dade being 3 in February is even weirder.

Pizza just got here, so it's time to eat and then head upstairs with the Dader Monster! 

No comments: