Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Really?!

The last few months have been a whirl wind for the Krause household.  Just shortly after my birthday, we found our new place to live.  It's located on Sleepy Hollow Rd in KC.  It's pretty sweet! Everything is on one level, except for the garage, and it's awesome!  Dade loves "his new house."  We moved last month during my fall break, and  we are so glad that we made the move.

We actually hired movers this time around, because we didn't want to ask our friends for the hundredth time to help move us.  It was money well spent in our opinion.  The only negative thing that happened was that the movers couldn't get the box spring mattress out of the house.  Clint had to go back a few days later with a saw and a hammer to bust it up.  We basically made it like a folded piece of bread and slid it down the stairs.

Somewhere between signing the lease for the new house and moving day, Clint got extremely ill and ended up with pneumonia.  He was pretty much knocked off his feet for several weeks.

We had a great Halloween!  Our friend's Scott and Sarah came up to visit us.  Scott is now at basic training, so it was his last bit of freedom, and he spent it with us!  Dade was happy to see his Uncle Scott and Aunt Sarah, and wasn't happy when he got home from school to find out that they had left.

Since Halloween, I haven't really being feeling too hot.  Yesterday was by far the worst.  I lost by voice by 10am, and made a call to the doctor.  Turns out I now have walking pneumonia.  Awesome!   My voice is slightly better today, due to not talking for like 12+ hours, but I'm home from work now until Monday.

Dade is spending the next few days with my parents in order to allow me to rest up and get better.  The house is very quiet, except for my consistent goose cough.  My body is tired, however my brain didn't realize that I could sleep in and woke up at 6am this morning.   So I've been lying on the couch watching the news, of all things! I heard the slight mention of snow later next week, and I got slightly excited!

I am in my last course for my Master's in Liberal Arts.  The History of Rock and Roll. It's pretty awesome.  I'm going to be conducting  survey shortly about music preferences.  Look for a link soon.  The more people that take the survey the better.  I need lots of data points!


Sorry for the long delay in posting.  I'm going to get back into this!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I missed dade too! Scott and I talked about him non stop to anyone that would listen! :)

Sorry you are sick! Take care of you and feel better.

Sarah said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Scott and I talked about dade to anyone that would listen for days. :) I miss him too!

Sorry to hear you are sick hope you feel better soon.