Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cassie Krause: Reading Machine

I am embarrassed to say this, but I cannot remember the last time I had read as much as I have been since Christmas. 

AND I LOVE IT!

Clint bought me a NookColor for Christmas and since then I have been a reading machine.  Here's what I have read since Christmas.

Book # 1 
Book # 2 
Book # 3
Book # 4
Book #5
Book #6

I'm pretty happy with that list!  I looked at the number of pages (mainly because I'm a data nut) to see how many pages that is and what my daily average would be. 

Hunger Games = 267 pages
Catching Fire = 275 pages
Mockingjay = 288 pages
A Reliable Wife = 214 pages
Water for Elephants = 300 pages
Fallen = 271 pages 

Total Pages Read = 1,615 pages
Average Pages per day = 77 pages 

I have not read every day over the last 21 days, but I have read almost every day.  One thing I find interesting is that the page count is drastically different on an ereader than in print form. Fallen for instance in print form (because I have both) has 472 pages, in digital form is only 271. I also feel like I have been reading faster.  I don't know if that's actually true, but after taking with other people that have an ereader, it's a common feeling.

Needless to say that I LOVE my Nook and love how it is designed.  I use it for quickly checking my email and Facebook when I need a quick break, and I have all my books neatly organized on shelves depending on what it is.  I keep the books that are waiting to be read on my "home" shelf and once a book as been read, I move it off that shelf.  

Currently I have 4 books on my "home" shelf and they are: 

My reading wish-list on the Barnes and Noble site is rather extensive now.  I've limited myself on how many books I can purchase at a time.   My personal goal is to have no more than 4 books at a time on my "home" shelf.  I don't want to just purchase books and then not read them.  There's no return policy on an ebook (hehe).  Watch for more updates on my 2011 reading adventure!  I challenged myself to read 24 books this year (at least 2 a month).  If I keep my current pace up, I might just do that early!

--

On a non-reading note.  Dade's birthday is next month and the planning for it has been going on for awhile.  I booked the Kansas City Zoo's educational building on his actual birthday (which happens to be a Saturday) and ordered the invitations today.  I'm super excited!  I cannot believe that he's going to be 3.  It just seems like the other day I was waiting for him to come into the world.  

Clint's birthday is also next month, as well as our 5th wedding anniversary.  February is a busy month in our household.  I'll try and keep the blog up to date with the happenings of it all! 

No comments: